Copyright in SEED
© The New South Wales Government (unless indicated otherwise)
The New South Wales Government supports and encourages the dissemination and exchange of publicly funded information and endorses the use of the Australian Governments Open Access and Licensing Framework (AusGOAL).
Subject to the exceptions listed below, the original material available on this website (save for the data and its associated metadata which are referred to below) is owned by the New South Wales Government and is protected by Crown Copyright. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
The legal code for the licence is available at Creative Commons.
When using content from this website that is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence, you are required to attribute the work in the manner specified in the licence (but not in any way that suggests that the NSW Government endorses you or your use of the work).
The NSW Government requires that you use the following form of attribution:
Attribution to: Organisation name, Jurisdiction, title of dataset, licenced under Creative Commons CC-BY (with link to licence deed), date the content was sourced, dataset URL.
This should be applied to content sourced from all Australian jurisdictions.
The Creative Commons licence does not apply to:
- the Government Coat of Arms, New South Wales Government logo, NSW Government Department logos, or any other government-owned trademarks, logos and brands.
- trade marks.
- intellectual property (including copyright) owned by third parties including photographs, illustrations, artwork, oral recordings and maps.
- personal information (e.g. photographs of people released for use in NSW Government publishing and social media only).
- other materials specifically not provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence.
Copyright in the data and metadata
Each data record available from this website is associated with a particular licence. The terms of the specific licences attached to each record will govern the reuse of the data and its associated metadata.
No circumvention of terms
You must check and comply with the licensing information for each piece of material that you wish to use. This may require you to contact the New South Wales Government or the third party copyright owner for permission to use the material. You may also use any material in accordance with rights you may have under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), for example under the fair dealing provisions or statutory licences.
Use of material in a way not permitted by this copyright notice may be an infringement of copyright. Infringing copyright may expose you to legal action by, and liability to, the copyright owner.
Wherever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material and you should contact that party directly. The New South Wales Government has made all reasonable efforts to:
- clearly label material where the copyright is owned by a third party, and
- ensure that the copyright owner has consented to the material being presented on this website.
Use of brands
As use of NSW Government (and related agency) trademarks, logos and brands often implies endorsement, these cannot be used without the express permission of the organisation. To request permission, please contact email@example.com.
Quality of information
The New South Wales Government endeavours to make sure that information provided on this website is correct at the time of its publication. However, as necessary you should obtain independent advice before making any decision based on the information on this site. The information on this site is made available on the understanding that the New South Wales Government accept no responsibility for any damage, cost, loss or expense incurred by you as a result of:
- any error, omission or misrepresentation on this site
- any malfunction or failure to function of this site
- without limiting the above, any delay, failure or error in recording, displaying or updating information, including but not limited to, data relating to credit holdings.
Where there are known limitations to the information provided online, we will include an explanation of these limitations wherever possible. If there is any material that you consider to be misleading or inaccurate, please let us know and it will be corrected as soon as possible.
This website contains links to other websites (linked sites). These links have been included on the New South Wales Government site with the intention of increasing the information available to you. If you use these links, you may leave this website. The New South Wales Government has no control over linked sites, and as a result:
- we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur if you rely on information which appears on linked sites
- we are not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked sites. The provision of a link does not imply that the New South Wales Government endorses those sites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa.
The materials presented on this website/publication are distributed by the New South Wales Government as an information source only. The information and data in this site is subject to change without notice.
The New South Wales Government is currently investigating alternate electronic ways to make information available. In cases where the New South Wales Government is unable to provide documents in an accessible electronic format, we are able to offer a hardcopy version free of charge to those members of the public who are unable to read this.
The State of New South Wales makes no statements, representations, or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of, and you should not rely on, any information contained in this website/publication.
The New South Wales Government disclaim all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website/publication being inaccurate or incomplete in any way, and for any reason.
Despite our best efforts, the New South Wales Government and the State of New South Wales make no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.